CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Pence Listed As Day To Day

By Robert H. Kelly

Houston Astros rookie outfielder Hunter Pence is listed as day to day due to an injury occurring in the Astros 5-2 win over the Chicago White Sox.

In the seventh inning, Pence injured his left leg while running out a routine grounder to first base.

He had previously struck out in his first two at bats but doubled and scored in the fifth inning.

Pence was quoted after the game:

I've pulled two of them before. When it tightens up like it did, and I try to ignore it and run through it, it pops really bad. So I learned whenever I do feel it, I can't run through it. We just have to get it loosened up again. It's just a cramp.

Pence has not been placed on the disabled list and did not play in the Astros 5-2 win over the White Sox today (June 9).

The above photo is a 2006 Bowman Hunter Pence Authentic Futures card with a piece of a game worn jersey.

No comments: